There's one type of earring style in particular that never seems to go out of fashion: drop earrings. And it's no surprise, as these earrings are a perennial favourite, universally liked because they are such a flexible accessory. Drop (or dangle as they're also known) earrings can be worn on all sorts of occasions, match any outfit and suit all hairstyles, face shapes and skin tones.
So what makes the perfect drop earrings?
1. The most important aspect of any earring is comfort. No matter how beautiful or appropriate an earring might be, if it is too heavy to wear for any length of time, then the inevitable truth is that it is going to lie unworn in your jewellery box.
2. But by the same token, just because a drop earring may look sizeable, don't assume it's automatically heavy. Designers are increasingly using lightweight materials whose weight you won't even notice.
3. Dangling earrings of any sort should move when you do. Part of their raison d'être is to sway with your rhythm. This is part of their feminine charm.
4. Face shape is important with dangle earrings: if your face is round, choose lean, long and angular curved lines. You can wear drop earrings in the form of ovals and oblongs. Square and rectangular earrings are also good options. Oval faces work with almost any style of earring. For heart-shaped faces, look for earrings that are wider at the bottom - tear drops and triangle shapes work well, while circular and oval earrings will also go well with your face. For squarer-shaped faces, round edges will work best to soften out your look. If you have a triangular face you need earrings that will soften the sharp angles. Large oval or small circular drop earrings will work well for you.
5. If you do opt for big, oversized dangle earrings, then think carefully about wearing an oversized, statement necklace at the same time. Both at the same time may be too much of a good thing!
6. Nature is blooming on the ears, as leaf, floral and other natural motifs continue to be a widely popular theme for dangle earrings. Not only are they feminine, but they can add a beautiful dainty touch to your look, and reaffirm your eco-chic look